Mission, vision and values
To supply flat steel produced in a sustainable, safe and market-oriented way with management excellence.
To achieve regional leadership in the flat steel business segment, optimizing value generation for ArcelorMittal.
To meet our goals and accomplish our vision we base our actions on the following values:
- Competence: searching for increasing levels of knowledge;
- Participation and Cooperation: cultivating an environment where team work and respect of opinions prevail favouring creativity and initiative;
- Satisfaction: working with pride and pleasure;
- Performance: fostering results which meet and exceed the expectations of our employees, clients and shareholders;
- Discipline: creating regulations and standard procedures which ensure processes stability, people's safety and respect of the environment;
- Citizenship: contributing to the self-sustainable development of society;
- Commitment: cultivating loyalty and integrating actions which give priority to the global goals of the company.
Did you know?
Present in over 60 countries and having over 250 thousand employees, the ArcelorMittal Group is a world leader in the production of flat and long steel.
Having a management model based on three pillars – sustainability, quality and leadership – the Group continuously invests in new technologies aimed to improve the production process and keep the units at the forefront of the world steel sector.
People from everywhere
In order to build and put the plant in operation Tubarão received professionals from other states and even countries such as Japan and Italy. Determined to contribute to the excellence of the new steel production plant they built a unique corporate culture focused on quality with stability, discipline with happiness and responsibility with creativity.
Besides its logistics advantages, ArcelorMittal Tubarão location made it possible to incorporate in its design a modern and efficient sea water system for equipment cooling purposes.
After being used without no direct contact with any equipment the sea water is returned to the ocean with no change to its initial characteristics.
ArcelorMittal Tubarão is an integrated steel production plant, which means that the unit carries out all the steps of the steel production process: coke, sinter and pig iron production, hot metal production, slab casting and rolling.
The plant also produces all the electric power needed in the production in thermo electrical stations using the steam and gases from its production processes.